Aviva Katz, PsyD
Dr. Aviva Katz’s clinical interests focus on utilizing evidence-based treatments for anxiety, OCD, and mood disorders. Additionally, she specializes in treating trauma and PTSD, and is intensively trained in both dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and DBT-prolonged exposure for co-occurring PTSD and emotion/behavioral dysregulation.
Dr. Katz is passionate about dissemination of evidence-based care, and therefore enjoys working to support families of those with anxiety, as well as training and advocating with other professionals. Prior to McLean OCDI Houston, Dr. Katz worked as a staff psychologist at Cognitive Behavioral Consultants in Westchester, New York, and Psychology Houston, in Houston, Texas.
Education & Training
- 2009 BS in Psychology and Community Health, Tufts University
- 2013 MA, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- 2016 PsyD, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- 2015-2016 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Westchester Jewish Community Services
- 2016-2017 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Cognitive Behavioral Consultants
- 2017 Licensed Psychologist, State of New York
- 2019 Licensed Psychologist, State of Texas