Alejandra Sequeira, PhD
Dr. Alejandra “Ally” Sequeira is a counseling psychologist licensed in both Texas and California. She is fluent in Spanish and provides treatment in both English and Spanish. She has considerable experience in treating obsessive compulsive disorder, OCD-related disorders, depression, trauma, eating disorders, and anxiety disorders in children, teens, and adults.
Dr. Sequeira is experienced in using evidence-based treatments, such as cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, habit reversal training, exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy, and supportive parenting for anxious childhood emotions (SPACE). Outside of her clinical work, she is actively involved in advocacy, research, and community outreach efforts, such as the International OCD Foundation’s Anxiety in the Classroom training program.
Education & Training
- 2012 BA in Psychology and History, The University of Alabama Honors College
- 2013 MEd in Educational Psychology, Texas A&M University
- 2017 PhD in Counseling Psychology, Texas A&M University
- 2016-2017 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Cherokee Health Systems
- 2017-2018 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, OCD and Anxiety Program of Southern California
- 2018 Licensed Psychologist, State of California
- 2019 Licensed Psychologist, Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists