Join our team of compassionate and dedicated professionals who work together to improve the lives of individuals facing mental health challenges. Build your career with us.
McLean OCDI Houston maintains an environment of integrity, diversity, respect, and collaboration with our patients and our colleagues. Be a part of the team. Make a difference in the lives of patients with mental illness.
Build Your Career
McLean OCDI Houston is a caring work environment with many opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
McLean OCDI Houston is a drug-free workspace and all employees are subjected to drug testing.
McLean OCDI Houston is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and facility need.
The residential counselor (RC) is responsible for assisting with the provision of care to patients in keeping with the philosophies and standards of the McLean OCDI Houston.
The program is a specialized, evidence-based program that treats patients with severe OCD and other anxiety disorders with cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), particularly exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy.
In this position, counselors will work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for direct patient care by assisting patients in exposure work (to manage their anxiety), assisting patients in developing and utilizing coping skills, as well as assisting in some minor activities of daily living in a goal-directed manner—all of which is consistent with each individual’s behavior treatment plan.
Residential counselors are a valuable and integral part of the treatment team and report to the team their daily observations. They initiate and maintain a supportive relationship with patients and facilitate the development of appropriate behaviors, self-expression, and social interaction.
- Assists in maintaining patient/milieu safety
- Communicates pertinent clinical information to the treatment team
- Conducts community outings
- Supervises, escorts, and/or acts as a therapeutic participant in patient activities both on- and off-site
- Performs other duties as requested or required by the treatment team
- Bachelor’s degree in a mental health-related field or within six months of graduation with a bachelor’s degree in a mental health-related field
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work courteously and effectively with staff, patients, and the public
- Dependability and demonstrated ability to assume responsibility with routine supervision
- Creativity and flexibility in working with patients in implementing approaches that are consistent with treatment goals
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team
- Good understanding of professional ethics and boundaries
- Ability to respond appropriately under stress and in emergency situations
- Flexibility, good judgment, and ability to maintain confidential information
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Texas and be insurable by the McLean OCDI Houston
- Prior experience in a mental health setting is desired
- Prefer experience or education consistent with the population that the program serves (may receive training at facility in lieu of age-specific education or experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume/CV via email to LaTosha Oliver, MBA, SHRM-SCP.